Walking In The Park With You, I’m On The Radio, It’s Like Living A Real Life

Walking In The Park With You, I’m On The Radio, It’s Like Living A Real Life

I really like and believe in trilogies. 

So, unexpectedly, here is a trilogy today. Three posts and:
  • Three photos of electricity infrastructure in Poland from my very good friend
  • Three quotes from Laurel’s song „Maybe, Baby”
  • Three lots of reflecting on what works well for me at work and what has been working well for me recently - thanks.
A beautiful beautiful image of a pylon in Poland. It stands in front of some trees in a forest and surrounded by a field of yellow leaves in late summer beautiful

So one more time. What has been working for me recently please? Pretend I didn’t write the last two blog posts. And if you read them pretend that you didn’t. And if you didn’t read them - again that’s even better. It’s all going to be said here.

Keeping a to-do list

Well firstly I am writing a to do list every day for work. Every single day before work I write a to do list. I write it either in my bedroom or on the bus. 

I have a special super thick ultra Paperblanks aubergine notebook. I got it on a really significant day to me. 

I usually write my to do list in there. 

When I run out I have already got my next one - it is a pink velvet notebook that says dreams.

Also when I am going to London the aubergine notebook is a bit much.

So I might just use a piece of paper anywhere or a page in another notebook. Anyway London is mostly meetings.

I use that to do list throughout the day. 

With it I am never lost. I always know what I am meant to be doing please. Thanks. And it gets me through the day and it supports me and it keeps me going. Thank you so so so much please! Thanks!!! ❤️❤️🩷

Keeping A Reflective Journal

On my bedroom wall I have four sheets of paper. Each one is adorned with a beautiful sticker of a mermaid or fairy or thereabouts - a huge one though. Each sheet has a main reflection point about coding or a focal point. I have a set of two reflective journals which I’m using one by one to reflect on each of these four points.

I am doing it after work. It’s really crucial for me to stop working at 5:30 and then to wind down until 6. I think if I haven’t journaled by 5:30 then it’s best for me to wait until later on.

Doing Python Courses

Every Thursday morning I get to do my Python course. This involves about 3 hours self study when I power through and learn into my blog. I get to demo at 12 and it is the BEST. After that I might write up some notes and then treat myself to making a little infographic. You know I love them so much. 

After that I have lunch and then need to switch context back to the real code. 

It’s always good to be back home with the real code - of course. Back with my Pycharm IDE and with my experimental water tech repo. Nothing beats real coding.

Just Getting On With It

You know the deal by know. You know the drill. I just sit down and I power on with my work. Btw I should be chilling now and not writing this. I have been a bad girl and I have pushed it too far as always.

Being Resilient

This comes in two parts; being determined and handling obstacles. 

The first one is I will always be determined. I will overcome any obstacles. I will overcome any barriers. I will overcome all 20 billion of my mypy errors. And I will succeed. Just like I did in my technical interview. And you know what? It works. And part two is…

Part two is handling those setbacks indeed in and of themselves.

It means not getting down if it takes a whole day to fix a whole bunch of errors.

It means I just get on with them. 

And when they are done then I just get on to the next thing please. Thanks

Quietly and minding my own business - and relaxed and without making a fuss…

The Bus, and Running Away, and Being Home

Also - I used to think that the bus was so boring. But now I realise that I was just exhausting myself all the time. 

It’s so good to be on the bus with a bit more energy. 

It’s so good to be leaving home (edit: sorry I meant work but this is an interesting and very cool typo so I left it in) at a reasonable time.

And even on weekends - I am coming home at a reasonable time for once. I am booking sooner trains home from London and will do even sooner ones next month. 

I spent 15 years running away but it doesn’t matter anymore

There’s nothing to run from anymore

And there’s no place to run

We are all always home.

Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing