Your Love, Enough, It Feeds The Soul

Your Love, Enough, It Feeds The Soul

I messed up and got the timings epically wrong and missed Star Wars (and no point watching 6 without 5) 😂💔 so here I am instead. One more chance to reflect on my new behaviours as I recover from sprinting here with my shopping only to get the wrong times anyway.

What did I do last week which means that work is going well and that it has been working for me?

A pylon in Poland at sunset in a bright yellow and orange sky standing in a field. Also there is an internet tower far far off in the background
Another pylon in Poland from my amazing friend… thanks

So what were these good behaviours that I need to reflect on please? Thanks…
  1. Writing a to do list every morning. Every morning I scribble a to do list, either on my bed or on the bus. Usually I remember anyway but to be on the safe side and to reassure myself I might sometimes scribble a note on scrap paper to myself the night before. As for my formal to do list, it’s usually done in a big giant Paperblanks notebook that I have that is aubergine coloured but anywhere goes of course. I have bought myself a new pink velvet notebook for if and when I run out of the aubergine notebook… it says „dreams” on the front so that feels perfectly fitting. Thanks!
  2. I write a reflective journal every day after work. It’s quick and in an ideal world I would write it right off of the tail end of my work day, before I start winding down before going home. I aim to start winding down at 5:30 to leave at 6; as I get seizures sometimes I don’t like to go straight from intense work to leaving the building as the difference can be to stark and it can actually trigger one off (yes really). My boss calls it decompressing time and he is correct. Anyway the reflective journal is really good. I ask myself four questions every day and they are only focused on and around code. I have two matching cat notebooks.
  3. I do my Python course every Thursday morning. I love love love this addition. I get on with it and I move really fast. I write up a blog post for myself and also to show what I have done and it is really really fast and really really really productive. I get to make up an infographic afterwards as well (as a treat to myself) and I love it. The best part is presenting what I’ve done to my colleague after my 3 hour sesh. 
  4. Just getting on with it. I sit down at 9 every day and I just keep on going. Unless I have an urgent meeting or something - I just keep on going.
  5. Being resilient. I am determined to get there no matter what. I handle errors that come up for me fine. I am determined to get there, to the end, to the solution.
  6. Finally, allowing myself to use the tools I need to use really helps.
My blog posts might seem repetitive and they might seem to be saying the same thing sometimes but please do not be fooled

Every time that I say this I go a little bit deeper

Every time that I do this I go a little bit deeper please… thanks…

🏞️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing