Sun stare, don't care with my head in my hands thinking of a simpler time

Sun stare, don't care with my head in my hands thinking of a simpler time 

Lana del Rey, White Dress

Still from LDR's 'White Dress' video

I am having a bit of a hard time with my coding just because there are many different conflicting demands going on at once and I am finding it pretty hard to focus.

This is definitely not a simple time. In a way it is simple because I know exactly what I am meant to be doing. I know exactly what I am supposed to be doing - I still don't want to say just yet but I am working and aiming towards something really cool which I will publish if it comes out.

But it is simple in a way. It is exactly clear what I am supposed to be doing. 

I am supposed to be working on a big piece of work towards this secret project. And everything else can wait. Codecademy can wait. 

So what are the big pieces of work I will have to do after I have submitted this project?

Here are the CodePens I have to write:

  • Tweak an Element
  • Select an Element 
  • (Then skip 3)
  • (Although maybe revise over the 3 that I have on this blog post)
  • And actually, I need to finish off writing the 3 of those as well - eek!
  • (Styling an element, Traversing the DOM, and then Creating and Inserting elements).
And then I need to move on to:
  • Removing an element
  • Add Click Interactivity
  • Look at the last bullet point on the 'review' page
And write up code pens for all of those.

Next Steps for My Course 

  • Do the DOM quiz - it's sooooooo hard and I might need to pair with someone on it
    • Just so I can discuss things through
  • Do the DOM video - again, it's super hard, and they expect you to code along 
  • Then move on to Events - YAY! <3 

But For Now

Right, I really just need to focus on my coding project.

Can't You See Me, For Me

I have to be focusing on some really clear goals with what I have to do right now. However one of my wonderful colleagues once told me that I can't beat myself up for not meeting goals. I did quite a bit today just not as much as I had planned to, I have to start again on Monday and make a new list of goals and then just see if I met them and reflect on that.

Thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello World

Yosemite

Two Lines of Thought, Makes Me Wonder What I'm Missing